During your visit, your gynecologist will ask many questions about your health; especially if the hospital does not have your records and carry out a physical exam. Some of the questions might require prior preparation, while others can be answered on the spot. You may need to request for a transfer of records if you are having your second (subsequent) baby in a different hospital. A few of some of the questions include:
- Menstruation –Age of first menstruation? Date of your last period? What is the length of your cycle? Frequency of periods?
- Physical wellbeing –occupation, diet, exercise, etc
- Social habits –Do you smoke or drink? If yes, occasionally/regularly?
- Previous pregnancies –including abortions, miscarriages, still births, ectopic pregnancies
- Previous medical conditions or procedures –vaccination history, vaginal infections, cervical screening or pap smear, gestational diabetes, preeclampsia, high blood pressure, STDs/STIs, fibroids, etc
- Sexual lifestyle
- Allergic reactions – Are you allergic to drugs, food, health, etc
- Dental care – have you ever seen a dentist? When last did you see one?
Note: Duas molestias excepturi sint occaecati cupiditate non provident, similique sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollitia animi, id est laborum et dolorum fuga.